Permaculture in Action

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day



Mother's day started here with me having a little lie in, then a cup of tea and flowers brought to me in bed by my dear man. He also brought me in my book so I could have a little read before finally dragging myself out. And what did I have waiting for me, but pancakes and rhubarb, yum!


This Mother's Day is the first for my daughter and the first for me as a grandmother. I  was expecting Rhonnie, Scott and Evan for lunch,and one of my others daughters had also flown in from Melbourne. We had a beautiful lunch of minestrone and freshly baked bread rolls. It was lovely to have them all gathered here for the afternoon with just one other daughter sadly missed, still in Melbourne. We missed you Meg!




I have had such a lovely day. I have never been one to celebrate Mother's Day as it was always so commercial, but since we have made a conscious decision to live more mindfully, I have been able to relax into it more. I think that being a mother has been for me the greatest blessing and now to be a grandmother also is just a feeling of indescribable delight.

                        I wish all you mum's out there a very Happy Mother's Day.

6 comments:

  1. Happy Mothers Day! Congratulations on being both a mother and a grandmother. Keep enjoying!!! A bit jealous about the start of your day. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a lovely day Kate, beautiful pics and Mark was so thoughtful......

    I think sometimes we all need a little reminder to appreciate those who care, love and look after us......

    Evan looks gorgeous in his red outfit, too.

    Claire :}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, first on all, on the lie-in with tea and book! Next and mostly, for your beautiful family. Little Evan is growing up and looks gorgeous. Love to all the girls. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I wish I could have been there! Evan is growing up so quickly! Happy mother's day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so glad you had a beautiful day! My first 'grandmothers' day too and something I will have to get used to...... but it was funny wishing my daughter Happy Mothers Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Mother's day Kate. I am so glad you had a wonderful day and that you were able to celebrate with your beautiful grand!

    ReplyDelete