Permaculture in Action

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Yarn Along

It has been a couple of weeks since I have joined in with Ginny for a yarn along. In that post I was undecided with what project to go on with.  I couldn't make up my mind between the 3 articles, but my grandson really needed a cardigan as the weather turned a little cold, so I whipped him up this little striped cardi and it fits him beautifully. ( still needs some buttons though)..


I used Patons Dreamtime 4 ply for 3-6 months. It fits him beautifully even though he is only 2 months old. He is a big boy!



And then I decide that I would go with the overalls. They are for a 6month old but I held them up on him when he visited today and they look like they will fit  for winter. I used Moda Vera 8 ply and it is knitting up very quickly.

I have finished another Marian Keyes book. "The Other Side of The Story" which I really enjoyed. 2 out of 2 of her books now that I have enjoyed. I'm now reading Bryce Courtney's "Matthew Flinders Cat". A story told through the eyes of a homeless drunk in Sydney . It looks at the plight of the homeless and derelict and corruption of the rich and famous. Nearly finished and am loving it.

P.S. Blogger will not let me link to Ginny's blog. If you would like to check it out just scroll down to my last Yarn Along and you'll find a link there.

5 comments:

  1. Kate, I do like the cardigan a lot and the overalls are just precious! I have got to learn to do stripes. I really want to knit for a little one and may just knit something because!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cardi is too sweet and I LOVE the overalls. What a lucky little chap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the overalls! So stinkin' cute. Wish mine were that little again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, so sweet, love them both, but those overalls are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are so sweet! I love to read the word "cardi" (smile). Not much used in the states.

    ReplyDelete