Permaculture in Action

Thursday, October 17, 2013

R&R

Last weekend my daughter, Meg and her partner, Dom organised a picnic by the water. It was lovely to catch up with the family (except for my daughter Sarah and her partner who live in Melbourne )

We gathered by a creek with kayaks and surf ski......




                                    our step grandson had his first ride in a kayak....


my daughter, Meg..

and Dom
Poppy and Evan


Evan and his big brother...


 and with their dad...
After a couple of very hot days we actually managed to have our picnic by the water on a cold and windy day.

Today it is so hot and windy it's nearly unbearable.It's a little bit ironic that the days I could really benefit from a day by the water are the days I am the most needed on the farm. On days like today I check on all the animals and the garden many times throughout the day. It's days like today that the animals and plants are most likely to be stressed and die.


 Edited to add.  The skies around us are heavy with smoke from many bush fires burning in the area.


None are close to us thankfully. My heart goes out to those who are in the bush fire regions.

2 comments:

  1. It's always nice to get away even for a day isn't it, I hope your weather improves, I think what we all want now is some rain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts are with those on the fire front and those on the outskirts. The smoke can be just as repressive as the fire. It sure keeps you inside for most of the day - when you're not checking on animals that is. I hope the cool front reaches you soon to stop those fires.

    ReplyDelete