Permaculture in Action

Tuesday, June 6, 2017














What a lovely day here on the farm with 18 adults and 30 little ones visiting. I feel like the pied piper as I wander around with a line of children behind me. And every now and then I feel a little hand holding mine as we move on from one animal to the next. Feeding, patting and holding various members of our farm menagerie. I call these our mums and bubs tours but of course we get dads and grandparents as well as mums bringing their littlies out to see the farm animals. I try to keep it real. I don't want it to become a petting zoo. I really want the children to see farm animals being treated with respect and being allowed to express their natural behaviours.

4 comments:

  1. You certainly did look like the pied piper. What a wonderful experience for the children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable. I love to see animals and people, integrate with one another, in the true sense of the word. I noticed the "Peppa" jacket, one little lass was wearing. I bet they were excited to see the real deal though. Okay, maybe they were only guinea pigs, but hey, still something special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of happy children, just what I love to see!

    ReplyDelete