Permaculture in Action

Monday, August 8, 2011

Weekend Happenings

Normally our weekends are full with Farm associated work such as Farm Tours, Sustainable Living Workshops,  Permaculture courses or just farm chores. This weekend we found ourselves with a free weekend but it soon filled with friends and family.Saturday morning there were friends over for pony rides and morning tea.



In the afternoon family arrived for hugs.....




and more pony rides.




That evening saw us on a train into the city to a  Bruce Mathiske concert, the tickets kindly given to us by a friend.The train journey was an experience in itself and not a good one I'm afraid. Young teenagers with far too much to drink and girls dressed inappropriately, fighting and swearing, at midnight, travelling back on the Sydney train.
Sunday morning I visited my mum, and then spent the day at a family picnic/ birthday party for my grand nephew's 1st birthday. It was a lovely day spent catching up with my brothers and sisters, in laws, nieces and nephews etc etc.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely weekend Kate - beautiful grandma cuddles. I remember John and I travelled back from Edinburgh on the late train one night, as few years ago when we lived down there - we had the very same experience. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kate, the baby is just beautiful and I love seeing the wee ones on the pony. Glad you had a date night, but sorry about the train ride. We don't have that kind of traveling system here, but I do remember several uncomfortable experiences in Washington D.C. xx

    ReplyDelete