Permaculture in Action

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Yarn Along

Joining in with Ginny for a look at what I'm Knitting and what I'm reading.



The cardigan is from a Sirdar pattern(1707) using a stitch that I haven't used before, K1B Knit into the stitch below. A simple stitch that gives a lovely texture I think. I found the yarn in my stash and find that it's knitting up nicely. And who is it for? Come back Friday and all will be revealed!

The book is Family Friendly Farming by Joel Salatin. I love what he has to say on many things. At one point he talks about children's memories being about special events, birthdays , holidays, etc. But his most precious memories are about ordinary everyday life on the farm, and how rich they are. I like this idea that we do not need to fill our children's lives with outside experiences for them to have fulfilling , joyful lives! I was expecting a book on farming but it is so much more.

3 comments:

  1. I have never heard of that stitch before which is a shame because it looks lovely. I think I am going to cast on a few stitches and do a scarf using that stitch. Thanks! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh! dad-gum-it! now you've given me yet ANOTHER in a long list of salatin books that i have to read! yeah!!!!!!! thank you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kate, I haven't seen that stitch before and the texture looks lovely. I have been playing with the yarn I picked up from the op shop and it isn't suited to what I am wanting to use it for. The fabric of the yarn when crocheted isn't soft enough for small babies and I was wondering if you would like it? If you would just pop me an email and I will send it off to you!

    ReplyDelete