Permaculture in Action

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Farmer Boy

First of all, what do you think of the new look. I've been wanting to update for quite a while but am a little challenged in that area. So I asked my daughter Meghann could she come up with something that reflects me and the lifestyle we have here on the farm and she agreed. I'm really happy with the design and feel of it and with just a little tweaking it will be finished. Thanks ever so much Meg. xx

************
Meet my offsider. He's 18 months old and knows the afternoon routine better than me. He instinctively knows when it's time to feed the animals and asks for his hat and boots. He fetches the egg basket and leads the way. He wants to help in each and every aspect of the afternoon chores often taking the scoop from me, saying "help", meaning ''give that scoop to me grandma, I can do it '' He is so proud of himself now that I let him carry the basket with real eggs in it. He keeps pointing to them saying ''eggs'', letting everyone, who'll listen, know that he's big enough to carry these precious things (only one smashed egg this time).





He calls ''doose, doose, doose" as he's heard me call so many times, (only I say Goose, goose, goose) to bring the geese in for their dinner. He places their empty bucket under the tap to be filled with water, and helps me give their door a kick, to close it as it sticks and needs a little gentle persuasion. He calls out ''up pwease" when he needs a little rest from the long walk between animals. He laughs and giggles and runs and gallops. It takes me twice as long, if not more, to get my chores done but what a delight it is to have my little farmer boy along for the ride.

10 comments:

  1. How totally cute and imagine what a great farmer he's going to be. Way ahead of the rest. Love the new look. Im challenged as well, in this regard, though others would say in many other ways as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw he is so adorable, what a great little helper

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new look! It is such fun to have grand children in the garden isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, he's gotten big.....and so cute!! They are a joy at this age aren't they? Everything is new and exciting and being a grandparent means you only get the excitement and not the everyday bits!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and I forgot to say I LOVE the new header!! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The new look is absolutely lovely. Well done, Meghann!

    Love that handsome little farmer boy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet little farmer boy :-) And I love your new header! It looks wonderful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the new look and your helper is very cute

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your new look and that little apprentice you have there...too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. very cute story, I like the new look Kate.

    ReplyDelete