Permaculture in Action

Monday, October 22, 2012

Little Sparrow



A little while back I crazily considered producing some children's clothes like these reversible dresses....


..and this pinafore...


Encouraged by family and friends with children and grand children, looking for handmade and ethically made clothing, I have started "Little Sparrow" clothing for babies and toddlers.

My daughter, Rhonnie, came up with the name based on the little applique I hand sew onto all the clothing.




Both of these reversible dresses sold at the Steiner school this afternoon when I dropped off our CSA boxes. Both were bought by grand mothers for their little grand baby's. I guess I'll only continue while ever it's fun and it's certainly that at the moment!

9 comments:

  1. Sweet little dresses Kate and I love the name Rhonnie came up with.
    Well doen on the sales too......

    Claire :}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! People will love them. I remember being amazed at how clever you were when I first saw your homemade items.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Thats something on my to do list but I never seem to find enough time! Perhaps next year.......! And I love the name!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great idea and so cute kate! makes me want to sew again! love the little sparrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're beautiful, Kate. I don't know where you get the time. Good luck with your new venture. I have a feeling you're going to be doing a lot of sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how pretty - you have a real knack for matching colors. I sewed a little dress for my granddaughter last weekend and put a pocket on it - I forgot how much little girls can strain pockets, so it is back with me for re-enforcing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh they are just gorgeous. People are just longing for hand made products like this ...I know they will sell well. I just love the name.
    *I found the cotton you put me on to and have knitted one colourful dishcloth so far!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful name, beautiful dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my goodness Kate, these are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete